Thursday, February 12, 2009

WTF with this Nike+ online system?

One of my biggest joys and biggest motivators is my Nike+ sensor for my iPod and the online system. I love my mini-me avatar and my screensaver, which shows her running around and dancing. She has little thought bubbles that congratulate me on my latest recorded run- saying things like "With running in my corner, I can do anything!" and "I feel unstoppable after my 3.23mile run!"

The screensaver (and online tool) also shows me a summary of the number of workouts I have recorded (19 to date!) and miles total I have done since I started using the sensor (54.53miles) and my average pace (16.51 mins/mile).

All this stuff is awesome! And I know I have previously mentioned how, when posed with the question of: Workout without the sensor or Don't workout- I am likely to pick the later, since I know it will COUNT. Count for something! After all- what the heck am I doing this for? Doesn't it need to count for something? HA!

So when I log into my Nike+ tool and it tells me I am 3 miles behind in my weekly workouts (I have loaded my training schedule from the "Non Runner's Marathon Training Guide" book) I get a little peeved. Who the heck does it think it is? Just cuz I skipped Monday, I made up for it today! So I did 3/4/3 on Tues, Wed and Thurs- instead of Mon, Tues, Wed- why doesn't it see that? UGH. Only flaw, really, in the whole system that I can find.

Bottom line, I bailed out of training for a little bit today at lunch (luckily I had a different person presenting) so I could still make my 5pm meeting at work and my 6pm meeting in Burbank. I feel accomplished and proud that I have kept this as a priority. I am a little concerned how I will do this when I am in Portland/ Oakland next week (traveling for biz) but I am sure I will figure it out, one day at a time.

Today after the run (which I ran to 3 of the songs on the playlist-same ones as on Tues) I feel pain my my arches, heels and my calves are tight. Guess its not the best idea to sit down in a class for 3 hours after a run.

Oh- in case you were wondering, my left knee is still swollen. I am on a pretty regular Advil and ice regimen at this point. The only reason its worth mentioning, is that the right knee is starting to swell, too. So I wasn't sure if the other had gone in size? But no, the right knee has just gotten bigger. OH JOY!

Also news of note- I lost 2 pounds as of last week- which means 1 pound total since the start of this. But the really good news is I had been eating Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter ice cream throughout last week- and STILL lost the weight. So I guess my metabolism is starting to speed up and wants to get a little leaner as I go. I am all for that! GO METABOLISM!

No comments:

Post a Comment