Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Travel and 24 hr gyms

I am in Portland today. Its been raining on and off. I am here for business and woke up at 5am to get on the plane this morning. By all accounts I should be wiped out exhausted. But there is a part of me that is really committed to this training thing! After all, now that i know I will be going to Omaha for the majority of March (and missing the Pasadena half-marathon on 3/23, too!) I have to make sure I can include this training as part of my life- no matter what.

So even though I had a girl's night out, relaxing with friends at a spa, replete with a massage and sushi for dinner (which I INHALED I was so hungry! I guess the calorie consumption is catching up with me now that I am going longer distances, like my 10K on Sat!), I still felt the need to suit up and go to the "gym" at the hotel. I put that word in quotes since it is a room that has a treadmill, a StairMaster and an exercise bike- that's it. But it does the trick.

I updated my Facebook status to say I was on my way to do three miles and grabbed my iPod. Honestly, I know the biggest factor with my motivation is getting to see my little mini-me avatar dance around after I record the mileage- which won't happen unless I do the work. But for some reason, the screen saver isn't working! It keeps going to a blank page! I have to get this fixed because I have just figured out how to capture her in a pic and add her to my blog! Its like she's a little Pixie or a sprite who's photo should not be snapped or she will disappear. That's what seems to have happened.

I haven't have the avatar work properly since Valentine's day! I came back from the gym and tried to upload my 3.1 miles tonight (which btw- I was panting so hard on the three run songs I did I kept pulling my iPod off the front of the treadmill. Tomorrow I will use the armband!) So I am trying to uninstall and reinstall her tonight. I will figure it out. I don't think I will really want to do it or be quite so enthused without her.

Big Milestone for today- I completed a goal of 50 miles in 4 weeks- and did it within 3.25 weeks! Next goal- starting tomorrow is to do 75 miles in 4 weeks! Then I get another medal on the Nike+ site- which is almost as good as my avatar screen saver... but not quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment