Monday, February 9, 2009

I FORGOT MY SHOES!

Dang-Nabit!

I packed my gym stuff early this morning so I could get out the door and get set up before my class. I packed my iPod, my knee brace and extra change of underwear- but neglected to grab my SHOES!! ARGH!

This was one of the only days this week that I knew I had more than an hour for my lunch break and there's no way I can try to walk/jog in the converse I am wearing (not even with the orthopedic insoles I have on).

I am almost willing to try the converse, too- but my Nike + sensor is on my workout shoes, so even if I did it today- it wouldn't COUNT on the site. I guess I have to admit when it comes down to it- that what matters most to me is the tracking. It is about the pats on the back I give myself when my Mini Me avatar is running across my screen and her thought bubbles say "I feel so good after that 5.3 mile run!" -even if I walked the whole thing and didnt run.

I am not sure if that is the right motivation for all this- but I am not at a place where I feel I can question ANY motivation- as long as whatever it is actually gets me to do it! So I am bummed today! Maybe its the universe's way of trying to teach me a lesson about taking a rest day (even though Sunday was a rest day) or a lesson about my perfectionism.

I have been questioning whether I am doing the training "right" since I am not really running- but walking- the majority of my miles so far. But if I really stick to my goal of "FINISHING" the marathon- not winning, not running, not "killin it"!, then walking is sufficient. It might change over time. I guess I get so wrapped up in having a reason to beat myself up or reward myself, that if I am not doing one of those two things I feel lost.

For today, no miles. I wish it were different, but its not. Shoot, I wish I had even remembered to bring my book to read to take up the time! Now I might actually have to catch up on work! DOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment