Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Better than Ever!

This is the last week. That's it. This week's training is three days of 3 miles and rest on Sat & Sun. Then Monday IS IT!

I already wrote about nerves in some of the previous entries. Today I am going to talk about accomplishments! First off, I am SO GLAD I bought the Nike+ and iPod at the start of this. If I hadn't had some outside system, tracking my initial start into this and where I am today, I don't think I would have believed it.

From when I began in January till today, I have accomplished:
  • 50 workouts
  • 248.76 miles
  • Average pace of 17.29 min/ mile
Today I did 3 miles in the gym. I looked back at the first time I attempted 3 miles in the gym and this is the difference.

Jan 14th: Total 3 .15 miles, Average Pace 17.5 min/ mile, Time approx 1 hr.- Mostly walking
May 20: Total 3.02 miles, Average Pace 14.43 min/ mile. Time 44 1/2 mins- Walking/jogging

Its quite incredible to see my improvements in a completely objective tool. I am really proud of myself. I have been through the agonizing over whether I would walk this, run this or what my time would be and all that stuff and what I know in my heart of hearts is that I JUST NEED TO FINISH. I CAN FINISH. I WILL FINISH.

I have let go of the limitations and know that if I can run, that's great! If I can't that's ok too. I am trying to not think about time- but I am only human. Right now, I am so satisfied it makes all the work feel worthwhile. Its the start of a whole new thing! Plus I found a local swimming pool, so I think that is next! I already got my waterproof ipod box!

No comments:

Post a Comment